Monday, March 21, 2011

Watson's Anniversary!

So it has been one year since we adopted our adorable half shiba inu/cardigan corgi mix, Watson.  Gina had found him on petfinder.com and showed him to me; I pretty much fell in love with him at first sight.  After a long 12 hour drive to Chicago, Bryan and I adopted him.  Also, after some unnecessary complications, we finally brought him home to be introduced to my family.  Since then, we've learned a lot about Watson; he's incredibly protective of the people he has met, spends part of his time guarding the doors, and knew fifteen tricks when we got him at the shelter.  The rest of the time he's either sleeping, playing tug with us, or eating some delicious treat we've given him.  My family has also fallen in love with him, particularly my mom who makes him do a whole gambit of tricks before giving him a ridiculous amount of treats.  My dad has even started to teach Watson some Vietnamese commands and Bryan and I are still teaching him even more.  After some obedience classes, he's learned to relax a little bit but is still a fairly paranoid.  He barks at shadows, tries to show he's the alpha dog to other dogs by barking at them, and is a complete people mooch.  In the end though, when I wake up in the morning and find him curled up at my feet, I couldn't be happier about bringing him into my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment